For the second consecutive year, the sights and sounds of high-octane racing come alive on the streets of Snowmass Village with The Aspen Snowmass Vintage Car Race. Kicking off the Motoring Classic Weekend, watch as vintage Corvette’s, BMW’s, Porsches, Mustangs, and formula race cars from the 1960’s and 1970’s, fly by during this exhilarating new event.
Approximately 60 to 70 drivers will compete in the exhibition, with several 20-30 minute group race sessions. Find additional details on the event webpage…
Road Closures & Traffic Impacts:
- Road impacts and one-lane closures will begin at 7:00 am on Sunday and Monday to allow for course set up
- Upper Brush Creek Road, Upper Carriage Way, and the Wood Road Bridge will have restricted traffic access 7am – 5pm on Sunday and Monday. Expect 20 – 30 minute delays.
- Upper Brush Creek Road and Carriage Way will be ONE WAY only, and will be CLOSED beginning at 9am both days during the 20 minute race sessions.
- Traffic traveling to the upper village will be directed to stage on Kearns Road in the Snowmass Center during the race.
- Alternating one way traffic will be permitted on Wood Road Bridge. Only minor delays will be present to and from Wood Road.
- Elbert Lane will be closed to traffic, parking, and deliveries.
- Business owners in the upper village should attempt to coordinate deliveries or schedule them for alternative dates.
- Mountain View, Creekside, and Brush Creek complex residents will be only be able to enter and exit the course area during the session intermissions. Parking in an alternate location or planning to stay and watch the event is advised.
- School bus pick up and drop off locations will remain the same. The morning school bus will run on time. The afternoon school bus may be delayed slightly.
- Extra shuttles will be running from Town Park Station and will provide rides every 10 minutes. Park and ride the Village Shuttle from Town Park.
- Parking will be limited in the upper village. Park and ride from Town Park Station.
- Several great spectating opportunities will be available and are indicated as the blue icons in the map below.